The most successful affiliate program in the world is Google Adsense. It continues to pay out hundreds of millions of dollars a year in commissions to its affiliates.
Here is a little bit of information about Google Adsense and why I think it is the best home based business opportunity for anyone to get involved with.
1. Google does all of the selling for you. When you promote Google ads you are actually selling advertising on your own website or blog without doing the selling yourself.
This is a big advantage to anyone who does not know how to go about attracting advertising customers. It is also an advantage for new websites who do not have enough traffic to justify charging an advertiser to place ads on their site.
2. Developing a content site that is built around Google Adsense is a smart thing to do. The more web pages you have the more potential ads you will have been seen. Not only do you want to create a lot of content you want to create quality content so Google will fall in love with your site.
3. You must consistently add new content to your site on a regular basis. The easiest way to do that is to start a blog and incorporate Google ads into all of your blog posts.
If you do not have an existing site you may want to consider starting a blog with Blogger.com. This blogging platform is owned by Google and it's very easy to position ads into your blog the way you want them to be.
4. Bookmarking every blog article you write is important. This will help you build up backlinks to your site and increase traffic from both search engines and readers of your blog articles.
You should also work at getting backlinks in other ways including article marketing, video marketing, email marketing, and so on.
5. Take time to understand what keywords will draw you the most money per click. Although you will want to target longtail keyword phrases for traffic, you will want to pay attention to the most popular keywords for your own income sake.
6. Never click on your own ads or violate any of Google's policies. This is the fastest way to get your site banned from Google. As long as you follow Google's rules you won't have any problems.
Because you are not selling anything this makes Google Adsense the best home based business opportunity to be in. That almost sounds contradictory, but it's easier to get website visitors to click on an ad than it is to try to actually get them to purchase something from you.